Woohoo! I made it to spring break! I had a couple of long days with grading, but it is nice to have all of that behind me. I am off to Virginia Beach for the beginning of the week. Hopefully I will miss the random snowstorm that may hit DC on Sunday. What are your spring break plans? I hope that you have time to catch up on your favorite blogs! Here are some posts to get you started:
- I attended a session on circumlocution at ACTFL a few years ago, and I could not find my notes! I was so happy to see this post on Path2Proficiency.
- Kristy shared some great kinesthetic activities for reading which is great when it seems more passive.
- Sara-Elizabeth posted some great ideas about how to use infographics. In the comments, Thomas Sauer referenced this great wikispace which shares some additional ideas.
- I have been devouring everything that Mike Peto writes about SSR. The newest post is another interesting idea on how to work SSR and whole class reading.
Also a quick flashback to previous year’s posts:
- I tweeted about this, but I have used many of these ideas from CSCTFL last year in my class.
- We give the NSE, and I listed a few links that I have found to help my students prepare! (This year, I will add Quizlet Live to my list!)
- I shared a Lapbook that I used with my students in 1A before spring break.
- I also added how I revised some study guides.
- This is one of my favorite warm-up activities post break.
- I also tried to vary my warm-up activities as well.