I hope that you are enjoying a wonderful holiday season! I am blessed to have so many people who still read my blog. It has been great to continue my transition without a textbook, and I am learning a lot- while being gracious with myself about changes. I think that is one of the most important things that you can do with yourself while teaching. Be understanding and patient while you are trying new things. I converted my blog to have introduction posts for new readers. Let me know what you think about it! Also- here are some of my most popular posts from 2017:
- Number 1: I got rid of my bellringers last year, and I still do not use them. This post explains my transition and why it was good for me to get rid of them.
- Number 2: I added more authentic resources to my complete list, and there are over 100 now!
- Number 3: My not to do list when switching to proficiency from a more traditional classroom is here and hopefully you will be able to learn from my mistakes.
- Number 4: This post highlights my first day of school activities and a goal that I have.
- Number 5: I have started to put together a collection of noticias each week. The one from September 24th was the most popular, but I am linking the whole collection here.
- Finally, I also blog on Path2Proficiency this year! My most popular post there was how I started developing activities to help for interpretive reading.