Happy Friday! For us, it is break at the end of the day. If you are still teaching, I admire you! Make sure you spend some time this weekend for yourself because next week will be hectic. A few notes- if you aren’t signed up- the Ditch Summit starts today! This summit was inspiring for me, and it encouraged me to start new ideas when we returned from break. Also, I will be in Virginia Beach this week. On Sunday afternoon, I am having coffee with other local language teachers. Come join us and discuss how your year is going! Without further ado, here are some of my favorite posts from this week:
- Speaking of Ditch Summit, I love anything that combines technology and brain research like this post from Matt about Kahoot and other technology.
- I can’t believe how many new novels are out for Spanish programs. Mike Peto has curated a new list (including some that I haven’t heard of!) Check it out to add to your library!
- I have really enjoyed using Puedos and found a lot of success. Here is another teacher’s application of them in the classroom.
- Check out this review task for language from Justin! Perfect for after break!
Here are some previous posts from my page here if you missed them!
- Here is my winter proficiency pack from last year if you want to give students some fun activities to do next week.
- Here were my most popular posts from 2016! (A new updated version is coming on Monday!)
- Check out some of the best of posts in Spanish to create a writing activity for your students.
- Some Costa Rican holiday traditions
- New Year tweets and traditions
- Lo mejor de mi vida eres tú song