It’s Friday the 13th- and in October! For us near DC, it is finally feeling like fall and not that humid. Also, Homecoming is behind us, and so it seems like we can finally get into a routine. For my DC Metro readers- we are planning a fall conference! It is October 21 at Lowell School and free! In the mean time, here are some of my favorite posts from this week:
- Did you see the free ezine that Martina is planning? I already had my students sign up!
- These ideas to get students to speak in Spanish are great. I am going to use #2 next week.
- I love this idea of a student generated vocabulary list for upper levels.
- I was listening to the We Teach Languages podcast, and then I heard a similar idea mentioned on Musicuentos that explains how to do mini goals and scaffolding.
- I found two great tips from Facebook that I am using/have used ASAP! The amazing Meredith White gives students two different copies of text and has them identify the differences between them. I love that idea! Bill Langley also has students make columns for Me gusta/no me gusta then plays recipe videos in Spanish. The students can add to the list of items that they like and don’t like. It is a great way to learn more words! I did this when we had a little extra time today due to schedules.