Earlier this year, I decided that I was going to use the Seesaw App. It has only been a week, but I am loving it! I have discovered a few things that will hopefully help you:
- It is really easy to sign up. I used the students’ Google accounts.
- If students are just going to write an entry, they can add a note or write it as a file and upload it. They can also put the item in a Google Doc and then share the link.
- The default settings allow all students to see the other students’ work. Many of my students were excited to comment and “heart” the other students’ work. Later in the year, I want my students to comment on each other’s work as an assignment. This is much easier than when I used WordPress. I have to approve all comments, so that also keeps it safe.
- I gave the code to parents at back to school night, and they seemed excited. Some have even commented on their students’ work!
- While students can add a voice note to their work, I wanted them to just add a conversation. In order to do that, they can use Vocaroo then add a link in their Seesaw account.
- Finally, I really like that Seesaw continues to email me if I need to approve something. many times, it may slip my mind, but I appreciate the reminder email.
Are you using Seesaw this year? Do you have any tips that you have learned so far?