Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for almost five years now, and I wanted to create this page for everyone who is new to my blog. I teach using comprehensible input, and I assess with Integrated Performance Assessments (IPAs). I also use novels to guide my curriculum. If you are new here, I suggest starting with:
- How to start teaching for proficiency: interpretive
- How to start teaching for proficiency: interpersonal
- How to start teaching for proficiency: presentational
- How I transitioned to IPAs
- My NOT to do list when switching to teaching with proficiency
I also have been writing news articles every other week to be used in a high level 1 to level 2-3 classes (and up!) You can find the category here with all of the PDFs in each post.
In addition, this is how I changed up whole class novels to make them work for me.
Finally, here is a list of over 100 authentic resources that I have used in my Spanish classes levels 1-3.