Happy Friday and Valentine’s Day! We have a four day weekend, so there wasn’t as much craziness today for me. (Also there MAY have been a Netflix marathon of the To All The Boys I Have Loved Before…) I have also been working on the THIRD upcoming EdCampCIVa! We are finalizing details, so stay tuned to my website and social media if you are in the Virginia/Maryland/North Carolina/DC area!
I hope you enjoy your long weekend- and check out these posts:
- I love reading Rebecca’s inspiring journey as TOY! There is also no one better to represent teachers than Rebecca.
- Kia wrote an amazing guest post about the importance of representation in language classes.
- Kara found and wrote lesson plans for a new song that doesn’t include a heteronormative relationship.
- If you haven’t caught one of the newest We Teach Languages episode with Emma Trentman, I have pretty much been recommending it to everyone I know! Also, check out Emma’s newest blog post on language ideologies.
ICYMI: previous years on the blog:
- Here is my presentation from last year’s NECTFL conference on how to make authentic resources accessible.
- A post of my reflections from NECTFL as well (maybe I will finally get around to writing part II this year!)
- My presentation from 2017 at NECTFL about tech tools
- One of my favorite field trips is to take a tour of an art museum in Spanish!