It has to be somewhat of a miracle because I ended up putting together a bulletin board with my colleague! (It is also because she is so wonderful!) I always feel like school starts after Labor Day and then Hispanic Heritage Month is here. I wanted to share some of our resources that we used.
- For the border, we printed out flags from each Spanish-speaking country.
- We used some of the information from Teaching Tolerance on Becoming Hispanic.
- I also wrote a few summaries of a few famous Hispanic people. We are going to rotate by including two people every week. We also included a picture from the country of each person.
- Since we are in DC, we are also going to print out events for Hispanic Heritage Month that are happening in our city.
- Finally, we are going to post our recommendations for books, shows on Netflix and local Hispanic restaurants.
What do you like to post for Hispanic Heritage Month?