This summer, I have had two goals for units that I wanted to develop. I have wanted to work on a unit for Go! Vive tu manera and a unit to start the year to update my students about what is going on in Venezuela. As the crisis continues to develop, I want students to have background knowledge, so we are able to discuss it. To share with everyone, I have developed an introduction to Venezuela through the song Vamo a la calle.
I have included:
- an introduction to the singers with PearDeck
- a way to describe the song before students watch it
- a presentation that describes some of the symbols in the video
- some extension activities
If you like this, you can check out my full unit on Teachers Pay Teachers! I have developed a 10 day unit aimed for levels 2-3 Spanish classes. I have also included optional extension activities if you would like to make the unit longer. In this unit, I have:
- an introduction to Venezuela through travel sites
- a presentation with a timeline to review the political situation
- a station day about the migration
- an interpretive reading/presentational writing assessment
- a final presentational writing assessment/project with rubrics included
- a MovieTalk script for a video about the food scarcity
I finished this unit today, so you can buy it tomorrow and Wednesday on sale! (You can use the code BTS19 for 25% off!) The sale starts on August 6th and goes until August 7th. While you are there, check out my supplemental activities for Go! as well.
Finally, Martina and I have been working on the summer edition for El Mundo en Tus Manos– but this is your chance to pick it up on sale before our first edition drops. We are including activities this year, and you can see the preview here.