Happy Friday! I hope you are enjoying Spring Break if you have the time off! We are lucky to have today off as a nice break before the end of the school year. Not only that, but it is the 100th episode of We Teach Languages! I got to record the beginning and ending of it! Yayyyy!!! It was really moving for me to listen to teachers talking about what an impact the podcast has had on them. I feel very lucky to help and work with Stacey. She is amazing and has dedicated so much time to the podcast!
I have definitely caught the interview bug! I have interviewed Erin with Lead with Languages (and go to ACTFL headquarters and geek out!!), Kara Jacobs and Luis Deocares. It has been fun to take time out of my week to just have a conversation with some of my favorite people about language teaching. I also have recorded an episode with Heidi Trude that will come out soon. I encourage you to submit your own episode to the podcast! I always like to emphasize that everyone has something to contribute to the world language teaching community!
As you are catching up on your favorite podcasts, check out these posts, too:
- I LOVE PearDeck- SpanishPlans blogged a great tutorial if you haven’t jumped in yet!
- Allison wrote a great post about the AAPPL test with reflections and how she wants to prepare students next year. As the Seal of Biliteracy becomes more viable for more people, I know more teachers are using this test.
- I am saving all of these Maravillas posts to use in class! This week Arianne shares some more!
- I am always looking for better questions to ask students with feedback- these 10 questions should be incorporated by everyone!
- It was just a year ago when I found out about GimKit!
- How I introduced El Ekeko to my students (and some ideas if you are starting a novel)
- A house interpretive reading activity
- Guiding questions I have students answer before parent-teacher conferences