Happy Friday! This weekend, I am headed south to FLAVA to present about interpersonal activities and assessments in the classroom, and I will post my presentation tomorrow! In my classes, we have been reading Calaca Alegre. This is my second year reading it, and I love that I have some resources already developed, and I can work on some more. Zachary Jones did activities with this song which was a perfect tie-in! Also, did you know that you can actually go into the National Museum of Mexican Art?? My students were able to walk around Pilsen on Friday in this Google Tour. Check out some of these posts from the past week:
- Martina posted a huge collection of activities to do with stories.
- Have you heard of the Kitipun challenge?? I can’t wait to do this with my students!
- I am definitely doing sentence sorting activity with my students! It would be a great outside activity on a non-windy day.
- I love the idea of Mike Peto’s Maravillas– and now I have a script to use with them!
On my drive tonight, I know that I will be listening to the newest episode of We Teach Languages with Cult of Pedagogy and Ashley’s interview with Sarah Breckley! Here are some of my older posts from this time:
- My NOT to do list when switching to teaching to proficiency
- Some of my spring time favorite things
- Check out this list of brain breaks in the TL