Happy Friday! I was coming back from a wedding on Monday, and then we had a snow day on Thursday, so I had an unexpected three day week! Next week, we have parent-teacher conferences though, and I have certainly been busy grading. I am bummed not to see everyone in ACTFL, but since I am going to present at NECTFL, I decided to wait until ACTFL is in DC next year.
However, I do have a few exciting announcements of my own! I am really excited that PEARLL will be joining forces with We Teach Languages! The most recent podcast explains a lot of the details. PEARLL is a National Foreign Language Center out of the University of Maryland, and I am hoping that soon I can pop in and visit since it is in my home state.
Also, I have been working with Kara Jacobs on both of our snow days on the newest lottery commercial! I am excited that we are planning to make resources for both upper level classes and novice classes. Meanwhile, check out these posts from this week:
- Carrie shared another excellent unit on environmental health!
- I love these fun and meaningful time fillers for the end of class.
- Laura is back and has a blog about personal homework choices.
- Marc has a great post on how to incorporate the future tense into class. My students do well speaking in the past and present, but I want to focus even more on the future this year.
More posts of mine from the past:
- I made a database with effective speaking and writing prompts. So far, I am the only one who has added to it! Hopefully, you can add some of your ideas, too!
- Five authentic resources for novices and how I used them in class
- A way to practice vocabulary in class