Happy Friday! Whew- four preps are definitely getting to me! I feel like I haven’t been able to blog as much even though I have a lot of ideas. Also, my son has joined tee-ball which has practices and games which has made this fall especially busy. I am looking forward to a calmer November before the craziness of December. Speaking of November, I am going to be going to GWATFL in Potomac, Maryland next weekend. Some of my friends are presenting, and I am excited to meet some of my virtual friends in real life. If you haven’t signed up and are in town, I recommend it!
Now onto some of my favorite posts from this week:
- I love these cooking videos! Check out the most recent one from Zachary Jones about iced coffee. To start class with level 1, I like to have students make a simple chart with I like/I love/I hate and I don’t like in Spanish. Then, they can list the ingredients under the category. I like the input that it provides in the beginning.
- I have done drawing listening activities with my students before, but I really like Cecile’s version including the reading as well.
- I am so grateful that we can read about presentations even if we cannot attend every conference. Check out Bethanie’s presentations from FLANC. I love the one about superheroes!
- This post about positive classroom management and how it can affect the rest of the school should be a must read for all teachers.
And some more posts from previous years:
- When you are feeling a little under the weather or overwhelmed, check out these ideas for a low key class.
- Three memes and a gif