Happy Friday! I have two more weeks of summer, and so I am in the surprisingly efficient and motivated time of my summer. This is the time that I realize if I haven’t gotten it done by the end of two weeks, it probably won’t get done until on my longer winter break. I am also trying to squeeze the last few days in with my son and our summer field trips to balance out my productive early mornings and nap times! I have also started an Instagram page for my blog. Instagram has become one of my newest favorite platforms to use, so I wanted to start using it! August means that blogging has started ramping back up for everyone. Check out some of my favorite posts:
- I LOVE reading reviews including Yelp and using them in class. The idea to use Trip Advisor reviews by Sara-Elizabeth is as always on point.
- Gary DiBianca’s post on how he assesses with socratic circles is extremely detailed and helpful. I plan on trying this for my students this year.
- This post on flexible seating is coming at the perfect time for me! I am not going completely deskless, but Emily explains how to strike a happy medium.
- Last year and this year, I continue to work on how I take care of myself. Wendy’s suggestions in this post are so practical for anyone to start.
Flashback Friday to earlier August posts on this blog:
- If you missed my back to school series last week, you can check it out here (and see my previous links as well!)
- My first day of school plans from last year
- Tips for teaching with technology
- My 100 Authentic Resources for August (that I have just updated!)
- My Netflix unit for level 2 at the beginning of the year
- A collection of 15 games for the FL classroom
- An idea for parent night