Whew! Friday in May is exhausting for everyone! I traveled to Lexington to the gorgeous campus of Washington and Lee to record an interactive webinar Thursday evening. Thank you SO much to everyone who watched and I will share the video and some of my additional resources soon. I am excited for the first Maryland CI meet-up on Saturday, and I am hoping to facilitate some more in the coming months. And, I will need some naps after all of this! In the meantime, here are some of my favorite posts from this week:
- Check out Martina’s list of brain breaks!
- Make sure you have time soon to listen to episode 7 of Inspired Proficiency.
- This looks like an amazing end of the year fiesta PBL!
- Also, World Cup songs are always some of my favorites (and I still use them in class!) Kara has already published some resources on them!
- And while we are getting ready for summer, check out Matt’s list of summer reading books.
And now… a flashback to my blog!
- Last year, I learned more about Lead with Languages. Check out their website if you haven’t yet.
- Ironically, I am playing Goosechase again today!
- How I made audio QR codes
- Developing presentational writing
- Interpersonal speaking and presentational writing activity
- Reflecting on the fishbowl activity
- A fun end of class activity
Also, I wanted to publish my presentation from yesterday here, and add a few links that I had mentioned for everyone who attended:
I hope that I remember them all, so here we go!
- Here is my post on GimKit to explain how it works
- The Spanish EdPuzzle database
- The MovieTalk database (that can be used for all languages)
- And a longer explanation of MovieTalk if you want to know more!
- Spanish 2 Flipgrid and Spanish 1 Flipgrid
- Laura’s Flipgrid for novice listening
- I mentioned how I start my class with Story Listening which is completely non-tech (other than showing the video at the end!) This is one way that I start class- story listening with scripts from Kara!
- More of an explanation why I ditched my bellringer and I discuss a bit more on the Inspired Proficiency podcast episode 6
- More of my tips on teaching with technology
- And also two other places where I blog: edcampCIVa (Which I hope people who watched the webinar will attend!) and Path2Proficiency
Whew! I think that is it! Let me know if I missed anything that I mentioned or you want to know more.