Happy March! I hope everyone had a good week. Oddly enough, I am off from school today due to high winds! It was also hectic for me as I was finishing up my presentation for Comprehensible Online. If you haven’t checked out the conference, hurry over now! There are some of my favorite presenters, and because it is online, you can watch ALL of them whenever you want. You can pause the video to refill your coffee or tea and never miss a beat. The conference will run March 24-April 15. In the meantime, you can check out these posts:
- I always love Creative Language Class posts- and this most recent one about formative assessments doesn’t disappoint!
- Laura discusses how she feels about cheating, and I believe there will be more discussions like this as we look at evaluating with IPAs.
- I have been reading a lot about write and discuss, and I feel more motivated to try it after Mike’s post.
- As many teachers use MovieTalk or video clips in class, you can use these 40 (!) viewing comprehension strategies.
- As many students and teachers are using March Madness for music, you can use this opinion sheet especially for level 1 shared by Zoe Catherine on Facebook.
ICYMI (previous posts from previous years on this blog):