It’s finally Friday! Hopefully, you had a good week. I am finally feeling that I have a better pattern in my classes and with my schedule. Next weekend, I am going to present at GWATFL if you live close to DC! I will be talking about what I do in class to improve students’ proficiency. I will also put my presentation on the blog if you cannot attend. Here is some more of my favorite posts from this week:
- As I continue to think about our curriculum, I appreciate Allison’s post on how to introduce the past.
- The internet is rich in a variety of materials, and many times, it is difficult to navigate it. This post explains how to find a variety of vlogs to use in language teaching.
- I love this post of Sara-Elizabeth’s on breaking free from the verb chart.
- Finally, Carol Gaab’s post about the truth behind FL teaching is important for all FL educators to read.
- On Facebook, Jane Vandeer Beek shared these great lesson plans for Carrot Crazy MovieTalk.
TLDR from previous years posts:
- Airline news from last year that I incorporated in our airport unit
- Vocabulary square puzzles are so engaging! (And time consuming to cut…)
- Canción de la semana: Tú tienes razón por Gusi
- What they didn’t tell me when I became a teacher
- Three Memes and a GIF
- #tbt in Spanish class
- Monster writing prompts
- LucidPress instructions (the program that I use for my newsletter)