Happy happy Friday! If you are back in school, I hope that you have had a successful back to school week. We are going up to Volga, West Virginia for our annual summer trip. I go back to work for a few days early because I have a mentee teacher!! (Squee! I am so excited to work with our new Chinese teacher!) This is a little longer Brillante Viernes because I wanted to add some technology updates at the beginning!
- In the past if you wanted to upload a series of pictures to Seesaw, you had to make a collage. Not anymore! You can now add an album! This is perfect for digital storytelling. Students can upload all of their pictures then retell the story right in the same entry.
- Have you seen the new Flipgrid that was unveiled last night? I keep reading about all of the foreign language teachers that are using it and all of the awesome ideas that they have. Check it out!
Now onto the blog posts (and more!)
- I typically don’t listen to a ton of podcasts (I mean with all of my blog reading, I have to sleep SOMETIME!) But this summer, I have been listening to some on road trips, and I am SO excited for We Teach Languages. The most recent podcasts have included two amazing WL teachers- Noah Geisel and Lisa Shepard (of Madame’s Musings!)
- Sara-Elizabeth asks the hard questions… and finds that there is more than one answer about authentic resources.
- This is a perfect follow-up about language advocacy and other skills that you learn in a FL class.
- As I continue to make free voluntary reading a part of my class, I really appreciate Mike’s reflections and learn so much from him. He is honest about what works and what doesn’t in his own classes, and I always admire his risk-taking.
- Finally- I blogged over at Path2Proficiency about how I want to become more of a language advocate this year in and out of my classes.
Finally- here are some of my older (but still useful!) posts: