Ever since Martina has done an excellent job of writing news articles, I haven’t written as much. Today, I kept looking for something to work with my class and then just decided to write it! I only wrote three news articles, but I found some interesting articles!
In the articles, I talked about:
- the wildfires in Chile
- food to eat in Colombia from the Hay Festival
- the baseball tournament going on in Mexico
I decided to use a Google Doc, so I could easily convert it to ActivelyLearn. I created an ActivelyLearn document. I cannot share it here due to the platform, but here are some of the questions that I asked:
- For the food, I took a poll about which foods students would like to try.
- Also, I asked if students like fish or not.
- With the wildfires, I had students convert Celsius to Fahrenheit.
- Students were also able to look at the original article and add other information.
- From the baseball series, the website had a list of places to visit and restaurants to visit. Students could look there and decide where to visit.
- We also took a poll of who they thought would win each game today. This also leads itself to nice follow-up conversations.