Happy Friday! Whew! The first full week teaching is always hard. Also, we had a back to school night last night. I am looking forward to some downtime this weekend and doing laundry. (You realize that you are an adult when you look forward to laundry time.) What are you looking forward to this weekend? Here are some of my favorite posts from this week:
- This post by Laura about winners, losers and participation trophies is straight up brilliant and speaks so much about what I believe as a teacher. Let’s work to reward the progress!
- Do you want to participate in a HUGE collaboration with Sara-Elizabeth?!
- This idea about stations and Aurasma looks pretty cool! (Plus my department chair shared it out!)
- This is another great post about how to do MovieTalk! (And as I have found, more preparation is so much better!)
A flashback to previous times of a younger Maris Hawkins’ blog…
- One way I tried to facilitate switching classes (but now I just write it up on the board because it helps remind me what we are doing!)
- An info gap for Spanish II at the beginning of the year
- A way to practice dates for level I
- Some of my favorite elementary Spanish activities from back in the day
- More #authres for days of the week