Happy Friday in MAY! I know it is exciting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you feel appreciated this week (and maybe got a free burrito or chicken meal!) I appreciate everyone who reads my blog (and comments too, so I don’t feel like I am talking to myself). Hopefully it helps you continue to improve and try new things as a teacher.
First, I want to say that it is not too late to sign up for EdCamp Metro DC and hang out with me this Saturday! If you live in the area, edcampMaryland is going crazy and having a summer of Edcamps! There is a SPECIAL world languages Edcamp on June 29th! I have already signed up, and I would love to meet up with all of yall! Maybe you are just planning on traveling to DC at the end of June and can join us! There are only 79 spots left when I last checked!
Onto some of my favorite blog posts this week:
- This is a great post on how I also feel about rubrics.
- Colleen shared some great ideas about how to add on details to interpersonal conversations.
- I found this phone conversation website on Pinterest! It is a nice listening website with easy to use categories.
- This is an old post, but I wish that I had see it earlier when I was creating Zaption videos for my students! It contains 10 popular YouTube channels to learn Spanish.
Also- here is a look back at other articles from this time in the past three years here on the blog:
- I still use many of these sub plans when I am absent now.
- I have a really great PLC (which I talk about any time we meet on Twitter!)
- If you have a grandparent’s day at your school, this was a big hit!