This year, my team made an end of the year evaluation for our students. We were not able to give it to everyone, but I decided to give it to my own classes. These questions can apply to any subject, and I am really proud of the questions that we created:
- Do the homework, tests and quizzes match what is happening in this class?
- What skills did you learn?
- What skills do you need to learn to be successful in an Upper School class?
- What would you do differently to prepare for this class?
- What was your favorite part of this class?
- How were you prepared for this class?
On my exam, I add a few extra questions for extra credit. They are:
- What was your favorite activity that we did this year?
- What was your favorite song that we listened to?
- What activity do you feel helped you learn the most Spanish?
- What is one activity that you wish you did not have to do this year?
I really enjoy reading the students’ responses. I prefer to leave it in narrative even though numeric data can be easier to analyze. Now, we are off to King’s Dominion tomorrow for an end of the year celebration!