After seeing this post about Chupa Chups, I bought a set for my class at Target! However, I am not the type of teacher to just give away candy because it is Halloween. You must EARN your lollipop! I found this infographic in Spanish about Chupa Chups. It is understandable for my Spanish 1B and II students. I am going to have my Spanish 1A students just research these questions in English. Here are my questions for my students:
- Who founded Chupa Chups?
- Where did Chupa Chups start?
- How many flavors are there?
- In 1969, who redesigned the logo?
- What is one of his famous paintings in the National Gallery of Art?*
- When the company expanded internationally, what were the first two countries where they expanded?
- Which celebrities have promoted the company (at least 2)?
- What does “chupar” mean in Spanish?*
- Once you finish these questions, you must show them to your teacher and ask in Spanish for the flavor that you want.
*These two questions are not on the website. We visit the NGA which is why I included that question. You can omit it or use a museum by your students.
Hope your students earn their candy even on Halloween!