I mentioned that I set up to use Zondle this summer. You can use it to create games for students to play. They must answer a question correctly in Spanish then they can throw a javelin, kick a goal, attempt to catch eggs, whack a snowman etc etc. It is a hit! Students have been competing outside of school to be on the Zollars leaderboard (this is for students who complete the most tests.) Here is why I love it:
1. Students can choose which game they play (swimming, basketball, rocketship). They all get the same questions, but the points after are determined by whichever game students choose.
2. There are so many games already programmed! You can find one and assign it to your class. This way students can play it, and there is not as much time on your end creating the games!
3. It is easy to monitor their progress and see who is playing the games.
4. My students LOVE it! Any time they finish early, they ask to play Zondle. Yes, you can continue to practice your Spanish!
Here is how to set it up:
1. You can join Zondle at the home page.
2. Under “my students” tab, you can add new students. You can also create a class then students can add themselves by using a class code. You can add different classes under “my students” tab and “advanced class management.”
3. You can either create your own questions under the “create topic” tab. You can also search for topics in that tab. Once you find topics, you can click on the plus to preview the questions. Once you have created classes, you can add different topics to each class. This allows students to play those topics.
4. If you click on gradebook, you can monitor the students’ progress. You can also see when they are playing the games.
I have just started playing with it. I plan on using it throughout the year, and I am really excited about it! Are there any other zondlovers out there??