I have updated my newsletter for Spanish. This week, I focus on:
- The Olympics in Chemistry in Uruguay
- Immigrants to Colombia and their struggle to find a job
- A natural reserve outside of Honduras
- An indigenous language in Mexico which only has 7 speakers.
To prep my students, we are going to do the pre-reading activity of predicting true or false statements. Students then correct it after they read the articles. Here are the statements that I am going to use:
- There are many people from the US who immigrate to Colombia.
- There is an Olympics for Chemistry for Central and South America.
- Spanish is the only language spoken in Mexico.
- Ponj is the sound that a machete makes.
Here is the link for the newsletter! Let me know what you think!