I have discovered that if I do not add twists to videos or skits, they can be a bit… boring. If my students are not inspired, they will stick to the minimum requirements for the most part. I have developed some different twists for two typical themes in foreign languages. The first is daily routine:
- You woke up an hour late.
- Your uniform is not clean.
- You cannot fall asleep at night.
- You have to help your little brother or sister get ready.
The second topic is travel. I used this for our train theme, but you could adapt it to an airport theme or travel in general.
- You lost your luggage (or it was stolen)
- Someone stole your passport, money, or credit card
- The train arrives two hours late
- Your friend wants to buy everything in the store, and y’all will arrive late to the train
- You cannot find the correct platform
Do you add any problems or spice up your performances for kids? What themes do you add?