I haven’t blogged on Sunday recently, but I recently saw this post from We Are Teachers about the Top Ten List for teachers to do this summer. It is great- especially the Target one! Here is my top ten for the summer:
1. Go to the beach! I grew up by the beach, and this is a necessity for me. (You can sub the pool though!)
2. Go out to lunch (and have a glass of wine if that suits you!) I am always jealous of people who have work lunches when sometimes I barely have time to use the bathroom during my lunch break. I sit with my students which is great, but it means I must be in lunch every day. Having a leisurely lunch is so amazing.
3. Visit a museum or zoo. I love being able to take the metro into DC and visit all of the museums that I want to go to during the year.
4. Consider a professional development that is not specifically tailored to your discipline. I loved taking an art PD recently.
5. Stay up past 9:30 pm! (Is this just me?!)
6. Go to the doctor/dentist/hair stylist. (Is this just me still?!)
7. Take a nap… or lots of naps! I am very lucky that my baby is a good napper, and he takes after his mother.
8. Go to a farmer’s market… a lot! Is there anything better than good summer produce?
9. Catch up on my non-teaching blogs- How Sweet Eats, Young House Love- you are calling my name!
10. Go back to yoga and try that barre class that everyone is talking about- it is finally not 30 minutes away from me!
What is on your list? Is summer already here for you? …wait, don’t answer that last one!