Many people post great gift guides on blogs, so I decided to add my favorite things to the list!
1. Many dice: I use these during games/warm-ups etc. You can get a pack of 6 at the dollar store.
2. Popsicle sticks: I write each student’s name on them, and I use them during question activities. No matter what many times teachers will call on the same students. This way, I make sure that I call on everyone. Then once I have, their name goes back in the pile, so there is a chance they may be called upon again. It is also helpful when I am calling on students to do presentations, and I have run out of volunteers. This way it is random.
3. Books!: The books by Deb Blaz are some of my favorites.
4. Individual Whiteboards: I can use these for an easy comprehension check or game, and the students love them too!
5. Stamps: I always stamp my students’ homework. It gives me a visual clue that I have seen theirs (because sometimes I forget!) It is also easy for students to see which ones I have checked when they are looking for their current homework. They also enjoy seeing what stamps I use!
What are your favorite teaching tools? I would love to get more input and ideas!