Rachel from La Señorita Creativa nominated my blog for a Liebster award. ¡Gracias! This is an award for new blogs.
To accept this award I must:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them
Questions for me:
- What is your must-have teacher tool? I really do not know what I would have done before the Internet. I have gotten so many of my ideas from websites or FLTeach, and it has truly helped my teaching. Also, now that we are one-to-one, I love incorporating technology into my lessons.
- What is your favorite age to teach? Right now, it is obviously middle school! I have taught first graders through seniors, and in all honesty, each group has their benefits. I would always get a ton of hugs from the younger students that I don’t receive now, but I can teach them much more Spanish than I did when I was a resource teacher.
- If you had to eat one food/dish every day for the next year, what would it be? I am not really sure because I make a lot of different meals. My husband complains that we rarely eat the same thing twice. Whatever it would be, I would put cheese in it though! I haven’t met a cheese that I don’t like.
- What is your favorite subject or topic to teach? My favorite subject to teach is obviously Spanish!
- What is your favorite place to buy teacher clothes? Anthropologie- hands down. For everything!
- Chevron or polka dots? Right now, chevron is my favorite.
- What is your best teaching-related memory? I always love seeing students improve. I am lucky to teach students over the course of two years sometimes. It is the best feeling to see them get better throughout these two years.
- What is the funniest thing a student has said to you? “It’s so quiet over here, you can hear a pin drop!” And then he proceeded to drop his pen on my carpeted floor.
- What is your favorite organizational tool (teaching-related or not)? A planner- when I remember to use it!
- If you could talk to yourself before you started teaching, what would you tell yourself? I probably would have paid more attention when we were covering the elementary units! I never thought I would teach in elementary school, and I ended up teaching it for three years!
- What is your favorite movie or tv show? Currently- So You Think You Can Dance (former dancer!) and Criminal Minds.
Here are eleven more facts about me:
1. I love listening to music, and I always use Pandora!
2. I have been a dancer and runner, but now I really enjoy yoga. I am lucky to have an amazing group of people at school where we have classes three times a week (but I can never make all three- darn meetings!)
3. I enjoy cooking and eating food. Living close to DC is great because there are so many restaurants to try that are amazing. Even out in Germantown, we have some really great ethnic foods.
4. I have just started reading a book by Jen Lancaster, and it is wonderful! I can’t wait to read more of her books. Other than that, I read a lot of crime books by people like James Patterson, Harlan Coben, and Janet Evanovich. So take my book recommendations with a grain of salt.
5. My perfect day is always a beach day since I grew up across the street from the Chesapeake Bay.
6. My second major (other than Spanish) was art history, and I love conceptual/contemporary art.
7. Thanks to the Navy, my husband and I have lived in four different states, and we have only been married five years (California, Virginia, Georgia, and Maryland).
8. When I am teaching, I only stop by Starbucks on Friday mornings. It makes getting through the day that much easier, and I look forward to it every day. I recommend it to everyone!
9. I have a black lab named Addy who I think is the best dog that ever has been.
10. I enjoy traveling, and this summer, my trips include South Carolina, Toronto, and West Virginia.
11. We just bought our first home, and we are expecting a baby boy at the end of September!
Here are my questions:
1. What is your favorite teaching and non-teaching blogs?
2. Who was your favorite teacher?
3. What was your favorite college class?
4. Where is your next travel destination?
5. What is your favorite website to incorporate into teaching?
6. What is your best advice for new teachers?
7. What is your favorite place to eat?
8. What are your must-dos for the summer?
9. What is your best classroom organization tip?
10. What is your favorite lesson plan?
11. If you could take your students on a field trip anywhere, where would you take them?
Thanks for the link and for reading this far!!