Woohoo! Welcome to summer! Hopefully, you are all about to start enjoying summer or already there! I am all packed up and am finishing packing for our big move this weekend. Next week, I will be in South Carolina for the family beach vacation then it is full steam ahead on my summer to do list! (Don’t worry a fair amount of my list is laying by the pool and reading!) Here are some ideas that are inspiring me recently:
1. I love the blog Free Tech 4 Teachers! Any time I am looking for a way to accomplish something using technology, I access this website. I also love my app Flipboard. You can create your own “magazines” which are a collection of blogs. One of the best parts of the blog is that the author will write how to apply this to education. It would be a great way for students to collect authentic resources that they find on the web.
2. This free download helps students organize work for a student-led conference. While we do not do student-led conferences, it would be great to have students add a few items that they are proud of to show off at their parents’ conferences. I would probably have them include a writing piece. It gives parents a better idea of what their child can do. I would love to include a spoken piece, but I am not sure how feasible that would be.
3. On Pinterest, I find so many great quotes that are beautiful like the one above! I would love to include them as posters, but they would be too small. This wonderful blog post shares how to score color classroom posters for $1!!!
4. This rubric is wonderful, and the examples make it so practical! It would be perfect to use at the beginning of the year.
5. This last one is hilarious! I would love to do this, but wouldn’t it be better in Spanish?! I know that some of my students would try to steal these pencils though!! Where can you get these?!