Happy Friday! It is definitely starting to feel like the week is winding down. Here are some interesting things from the internet this week:
1. This is an older post that I just read. It has wonderful ideas involving teaching vocabulary, using a fair amount of Spanish, and encouraging students to speak in Spanish while practicing new words.
2. This teenager is awesome! An eighth grader wrote a standardized test to point out the ridiculousness of standardized test.
3. This blog post talks about different reading strategies. It is great to have students synthesizing instead of just summarizing.
4. This writing office idea would be good for students to write reminders in Spanish. If I do make something, I will be sure to publish it!
5. These online story starters would be a great warm-up activity. They are all in English, but they would be easily translated to any language.
Have a wonderful weekend!