I just enrolled in an Open Online Course involving Blended Learning for the FL class. One of the first assignments includes introducing yourself via blog. This is my regular blog, which is relatively new (this past January).
1. Where are you from? I am originally from Virginia Beach, Virginia but I currently live in Maryland outside of Washington DC in the US.
2. What is your background? I earned my Master’s Degree in Teaching Foreign Language from the University of Virginia in 2007. My husband is in the Navy, so we moved to California first where I taught high school Spanish. We moved back to Virginia Beach, and I taught elementary school Spanish. We have most recently moved to Maryland.
3. What is your native language? What other languages do you speak? My native language is English, and I speak Spanish as well.
4. What languages do you teach? I teach Spanish.
5. Where do you teach? I teach in an independent school outside of Washington DC. I teach middle school grades 7 and 8, and I teach Spanish level 1.
6. What do you hope to get out of LTMOOC? I have taken a few blended online classes. I am looking for a more specific foreign language spin on this class.
7. What hobbies or activities do you like to do? I love yoga and cooking.