Happy Friday! Here are some of my favorite things from this week!
1. I used the Fan-n-Pick from Martina Bex while having students ask each other questions. It went really well! I feel that students hate having to write down a ton of information while talking, but this equally distributed the roles. They seemed to enjoy this activity as well. I will definitely use it again!
2. I also used this activity to practice indirect object pronouns. It took awhile to put together, but I liked the communicative aspect of the activity. I will save it to use next year.
3. This is a genius idea! This teacher glued poms as an eraser to her dry erase boards. It would be a great weekend activity to do them all. My fingers would definitely be less colorful though!
4. I LOVE Señor Wooly!!! It is totally worth the $25. He keeps adding more and more wonderful teaching resources! My students love the videos and songs. This week, I used Las Excusas including many activities from the packet. My students still sing Billy la Bufanda and are incredulous when a fellow classmate doesn’t remember how to say scarf. (Hope that was on the National Spanish Exam!)
5. Along the lines of cooperative learning activities, I found this whole list. Many of them are applicable to foreign language learning.
Finally- tomorrow, I will be helping put on Edcampmetrodc at Bullis School! If you are in the area, join us!!