Happy Friday! I hope that you had a wonderful week, and that spring and spring weather are coming soon! I have found some other wonderful things throughout the Internet to share:
1. This first idea is from a third grade teacher. As I move to more proficiency based teaching, I have started to use more “I can” statements. I feel that they help focus on my lesson on what my students can say/understand after the lesson. This sheet would be perfect for them to complete at the end of each class!
2. I have already said how wonderful Kara Jacobs is. I love her newest TV unit on her blog. While it is designed for a level 3 class, it could be adopted to a level 2 or level 1 class. Reading about her use of authentic resources is beneficial to any level teacher.
3. I have been seeing on Twitter that some teachers are watching El Internado and loving it! I would like to start watching it myself. It looks like it has wonderful elements: a “ser extraño” in the woods, people who aren’t what they appear to be, AND mutant animals! This sounds perfect for summer. If you teach upper levels, there is a wiki for material to use to teach with it.
4. I also saw this resource for authentic readings in the TL. It has wonderful readings, and they are divided by categories which makes it easier to find each topic. I have found this reading about the Nationals that would be perfect for a sports unit. I also have a group of 7th grade boys that LOVE baseball. I secretly think that the Nats will go to the World Series this year even though I am a Padres fan (living near DC).
5. This summer, I am adding this desk pad to my list of crafts to make. It looks relatively easy, but I know it will be tricky to get the paper smooth. Also, it might give me incentive to clear my desk more often! 🙂
Bonus! I love the song by Victor Munoz- Mi Princesa. Zachary Jones found it, and I always listen to it on repeat when I remember. Hopefully it will make you smile on this Friday, too!