Next week, we are celebrating Foreign Language Week at my school! I am excited with all of our new ideas! Hopefully some of these will inspire you for your next FL week.
1. We are decorating the whole school. We are trying to have everything written in a foreign language where it is possible. For example, we have a whiteboard in the Middle School that our assistant principal decorates every day. We are going to have the announcements written in Spanish and Latin (the two languages of our Middle School).
2. I got this next idea from the incredible Deb Blaz. You should buy her books if you have not read them before! I have picked different teachers and administration to be our secret foreign language person of the day. Each student should greet every teacher in the foreign language. If they are the first person to greet the designated person, they will receive candy. The students really enjoy this.
3. We will have a foreign language assembly on Monday. We will have a Jeopardy game on stage with our It’s Academic! team. Each language will also greet or dismiss the students.
4. Each language is also translating the school menu for the week. We will use these menus in place of the English menus.
5. We are also going to have a huge banner in our lobby. I haven’t seen it yet, but I will have to upload a picture later!
I hope that this gives you some ideas for a foreign language week. Let me know if you have any special ways that you celebrate!