Happy Friday! This week has been full of special schedules, so everything has seemed a little wacky. Here are some of my favorite ideas from the internet this week.
1. I have been using this idea from the beginning of the year. I love using whiteboards, and I would always have to have a student get paper towels for erasers. I invested a dollar in cloths from Staples. They are much easier to use, and they are greener.
2. I saw this infographic in Spanish the other day. This would be an excellent warm-up activity the Friday before the Oscars. Students could predict the winners in different categories.
3. I have been using the Chaos game for two years now. I typically ask students questions in Spanish and once they answer the question correctly, they roll the die to see how many points they receive for each question. I spread the questions throughout the room, so the students move more as well.
4. I am reading about authentic resources everywhere. I am also incorporating them in my assessments. Last week, I put a selection of an authentic resource on my test. The students had to answer questions in English. I took this idea from the Integrated Personal Assessment from ACTFL. I get many of my authentic resources from this wiki. It is truly fabulous! You can always recycle authentic resources in upper levels and ask more specific questions.
5. I like to use different vocabulary practices. I have been using this foldable all year.